Legal Literacy Cell
Shaheed Udham Singh Government College Sunam believes that justice is the cornerstone and fundamental goal of every civilized nation. The main objective of law is justice which reiterates the orderly progress of a given society. It is also true that lack of knowledge about basic legal and civil liberties, human rights, constitutional directives protecting people's dignity, freedom and liberties manifests as problems in the society. Keeping all this in mind, a legal literacy cell has been established in the college. This cell is as important as any other club or society. This is expected to not only promote legal literacy but also help strengthen the capacity of youth to effectively advocate for human rights and access justice for vulnerable populations. The main objective of the Legal Literacy Cell of the college is to create awareness about legal rights and duties among the students and people.
- To help students become responsible and law abiding citizens.
- To provide legal aid to needy students.
- To make the general public aware of their rights.
- Organizing legal awareness camps and seminars.
- To assist the police in incidents of crime against women.
- To make students aware of their fundamental rights.
- To organize various workshops, seminars, lectures and competitions to create awareness among students about their legal rights.
Legal Literacy Cell:
|Dr. Kulwinder Kaur (Convener)
|Prof. Navjot Kaur
|Prof. Sukhjinder Kaur